A Modified Bitumen roof, commonly referred to as “modbit” is a durable roofing membrane comprised of asphalt material with rubber modifiers added. The benefit to a mod bit roof is it’s overall durability. The drawback is replacement costs. The life cycle of a modbit is typically fifteen years. Near the end of its serviceable life the seams, and flashing detail around penetrations begin to be a problem and may be the reason for leaks in the building. On a very positive note a mod bit roof is typically a very good candidate for a fluid applied restoration system.
We offer several solution options for restoring a cap sheet roof including our flagship fluid- applied roofing system Ure-A-Sil and a VOC compliant, 100% silicone system, Envir-O-Sil.
Any one of these systems installed by an AWS Approved Contractor will offer:
- Excellent adhesion to current roof
- 100% tax deductible the year of installation
- Warrantied to withstand ponding water
- Cool roof technology lowers interior cooling costs
- Seamless waterproofing and protection from the elements
- Sustainable 12 & 15 year warranty options
- Cures & prevent rust
- Proven UV stability
Other AWS solutions include Spray Polyurethane Foam or a Single-Ply membrane overlay. The AWS durable single ply membrane system may also be an option to go over an SPF roof.