Tech Talk: Terminator Waterproofing Sealant
In today’s segment, Technical Services Director Eric Long is going to discuss the waterproofing power of Terminator 622 and 624XT. Terminator roof sealant is a 100% solids, moisture-curing sealant that adheres to nearly every substrate we have tested, including fluid-applied coating systems. Our testing even shows optimal adhesion to silicone.
In this video, we demonstrate how Terminator 622 can be applied to a wet substrate, and how it fully cures even when completely submerged under water.
Terminator 622 is a technologically-advanced, 100% solids, moisture-curing sealant and adhesive. This high-strength, versatile product has excellent elasticity and adhesion, making it ideal for repair situations. Designed for industrial use, it can be applied to most surfaces–even when the area is wet. Not only is Terminator great for waterproofing, it has excellent UV stability and is a low VOC (volatile organic compounds) product.
Terminator 624XT has a much thicker consistency than Terminator 622 and is specifically designed for use on vertical surfaces and bridging large gaps.
- Self-leveling technology for seams, fasteners, ridge caps, flashings, and penetrations
- Moisture-curing, multi-purpose, one-component sealant & adhesive
- Designed for industrial uses requiring elasticity, high strength, and excellent adhesion
- Performance at temperatures as low as -40°F
- Bonds to damp surfaces and is rain tolerant during cure
- Cures to a waterproof, tough, flexible sealant
- Low odor and minimal shrinkage
- Non-staining and mildew resistant
- UV resistant
- VOC compliant
Industrial uses requiring high elasticity, high-strength and outstanding adhesion for a wide-range of substrates Terminator 622 bonds aggressively to steel, aluminum, modified bitumen, built-up roofing, spray foam, styrofoam, eps, glass, wood, fiberglass, concrete and coated metals.
All surfaces must be cleaned properly. Any existing coating must be checked for good adhesion. Before application, any loosely adhered coating must be removed and bare surfaces must be prepared, cleaned and checked for compatibility. Terminator 622 is ready to use.
- Brush: High-quality synthetic bristle brush
- Caulk Gun: 28 oz. & 10 oz. tubes